With the future of Mesut Ozil at Arsenal coming into question of late due to rumors of wage disagreements and a lack of trophies for the Premier League club, many have been feeling that the German attacking midfielder may be leaving the Gunners in the near future.
However, with no real movements having been shown of yet by Ozil himself or those said to be interested in him, Michael Ballack has come out expressing that he feels that a move to Bayern Munich would be the right decision for his fellow German at this point in his career:
“Mesut is an amazing player. He knows that he is one of the undisputed stars at Arsenal. A lot of clubs would love to have him. But if he wants to win a major title, he has a bigger chance to achieve that at Bayern.” Via ibtimes.co.in
The thing which may stand in the way of his move to Bayern Munich is the price tag that will be on Ozil’s head. If Bayern wish to sign him, they may have to break their philosophy of getting players cheap and training them up in the Bayern way. However, Ballack has outwardly been promoting this, as the Germany legend continues:
“If you look at the recent developments in England and China, it seems inevitable that Bayern will soon pay transfer fees of €50million or so as well. They have to if you want to keep competing with the best. If you want to bring in a world-class player, you will have to invest.” Via ibtimes.co.in
Although its all just rumours at the moment, Bayern may well be looking for a player in the position, with Thomas Muller really having faltered this season, and Ozil may be the man to fill the spot.
— Sky Football ⚽️ (@SkyFootball) February 8, 2017
With Philipp Lahm having announced his upcoming retirement, Bayern Munich will be looking at finding a suitable replacement for the club legend over the coming months. The spot will certainly be a hard one to fill, but there are certainly plenty of options out there that Bayern have been looking at of late, with the latest target seemingly being a good fit.
That man is Bayern Leverkusen’s 19 year old right back, Benjamin Henrichs. The youngster has recently made a breakthrough and secured a starting spot in the Bundesliga side, something that’s pretty impressive for a player of his age. As a result, understandably, he’s been attracting a fair amount of attention.
Not only has he been capped for Germany’s senior international side, but has also played in 17 Bundesliga games this season, also featuring in all 6 of Leverkusen’s Champions League matches. The player therefore looks to be like a promising prospect, and should Bayern go for him, he could be the man to replace Lahm.
However, it’s not a case of all Bayern’s eggs being in one basket, as the German side have also been eyeing other options, as you can see from the article below, but Henrichs is certainly one to consider for the future.
Big money offers have been the talk of the season so far, as the transfer record was broken with Paul Pogbas move to Manchester United at the start of the season, and the seemingly never ending rumours of big money offers coming in for European players from China and the Premier League. However, much of this talk doesn’t reach as far as the media, and one man who has apparently been sought after is Bayern Munich’s Douglas Costa.
— Transfer Centre Live (@TransferCenLive) February 6, 2017
Whilst Bayern have completely rejected similar offers that have been made for the likes of Thomas Muller of late, the German man is a fundamental figure at the club, but the same can’t be said for the Brazilian. As a result it seems that Bayern have been tempted to look towards selling the player following interest from Premier League clubs. Furthermore, this all came about from Costa himself, as the 26 year old revealed of late the following:
‘We got some strong offers from China and also from big clubs from Europe. When the season is over, we will sit down and analyse everything.
‘First of all, I am only focused on ending the season with all the titles I can win. It is not my idea to leave Bayern now. I want to win titles.
‘I like Bayern and I think I can win titles with Bayern to reach the highest technical level of my career, to go for the Ballon d’Or, the Champions League, the Club World Cup. I want to win all sorts of titles and then the World Cup with the Brazilian national team.’
‘Then we will think about new markets. I cannot comment on names, but there are contacts with teams from England, Spain and also France.’ Via metro.co.uk
Even if Bayern are to cash in on Costa in the summer, we can be pleased that he was not allowed to leave in January, as not only has he been a good performer generally for Bayern so far this season, but he also works as a perfect man to step in when Franck Ribery is unavailable for the first team.
It is often the other way round when it comes to transfer rumours, as many Europe sides often resent British football for their ridiculous transfer offers and sums of money available at their disposal. However, with one of the world’s most shining talents being located at one of the Premier League sides at the moment, many in the rest of Europe have been showing their interest in the player in the hope that they will be able to pry him away from Tottenham Hotspur.
The player in question, of course, is 20 year old English midfielder, Dele Alli.
In all competitions the youngster has 13 goals and 5 assists in 30 appearances, and has really found some great form of late in one of Europe’s most competitive leagues, helping Tottenham to a 2nd place position at this current moment.
However, with the likes of Bayern and Real Madrid having expressed a keen desire to bring Alli to their sides, Tottenham have responded, stating that they would accept no less than € 100 million for the player, a similar amount to what the Spurs sold Gareth Bale for.
With Dele having signed a new contract recently, keeping him at Spurs until at least 2022, Daniel Levy has no real reason to sell the player, who is seemingly very happy at the club. This very much explains the significant price tag on the midfielder, and as a result, it is highly unlikely that Bayern will pursue him any further. Whether or not Real Madrid also back out is another a matter, but realistically such a figure for the player is rather extortionate.
— Home Bayern (@HomeBayern__) February 3, 2017
Bayern have already made two signing for the summer in a bit of a raid of Hoffenheim’s first team, with both Niklas Sule and Sebastian Rudy set to join at the end of the 2016/17 campaign.
However, it seems that one player at Hoffenheim is slightly jealous of his teammates opportunity to play for the dominant German side, as although Hoffenheim are showing their worth this season, currently sitting in 3rd unbeaten, Bayern is the club to be at in Germany.
That man is in fact a former Bayern player; Sandro Wagner. The player, now 29, actually came through the academy of Bayern Munich, but left due to the fact that he was struggling to get any real first team football. Having moved away from Bayern back then to join Duisburg, the forward has since established himself as a great Bundesliga player, having featured for the likes of Werder Bremen, Kaiserslautern, Hertha Berlin, Darmstadt and now Hoffenheim.
But having seen his fair share of the Bundesliga, the striker has expressed his dream of returning to Bayern one more time, stating that the club will always be his club:
“Bayern are my club and will always be my club.
“That is why I can very well imagine myself returning to Bayern at some point.
“But I do not know whether I will return as a player or in another position.” Via goal.com
However, although Bayern aren’t showing much sign of interest in the forward, other clubs in the Premier League have been expressing some level of interest – something which Wagner has not ruled out:
“I have had offers in the past and I am still receiving offers. I am happy with the interest being shown in me.
“That is recognition for what I am doing on the pitch. And I cannot rule out a move to the Premier League at some point.” Via goal.com
In terms of whether Wagner would be a good addition or not, he would hardly be the worst signing in the world. Of course Hoffenehim would be unlikely to want to let go of one of their key players, and the forward is also getting on a bit at the age of 29, but with Lewandowski being the only real out and out striker at the club, Wagner would hardly be the worst signing to make – I think we can all agree on this.
One frustrating thing for me as a follower of Bayern, is that we are constantly being linked with players that we do not need, and yet we are never being linked with a striker – something that arguably we do need, as if Lewandowski is injured then Muller will have to play up front out of his favoured position and then there will be a whole rearrangement of the side. Therefore, in my opinion, someone like Wagner would be a welcome addition.
— Allsportsnews (@Allsportsnews24) January 26, 2017
Bayern Munich have loosely been linked with Napoli defender Faouzi Ghoulam as the defender’s contract is set to expire in just over a years time. As a result, the German club, amongst others have shown an interest in the player, who could become available over the summer.
However, having said that, the defender has revealed that he hopes to stay at Napoli, as he currently get’s a significant amount of first team game time with one of Italy’s top sides. All that needs to be settled is the contract negotiations, and this so far is what has prevented the player from being kept at the club for the foreseeable future, as he has not been too happy with what he has been offered yet.
With this in mind, the clubs of Europe have all been keeping a close eye, including not only Bayern but also Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain. But according to reports, it seems as if Bayern are the favourites to have first dibs on the player should be fail to sign a new deal with Napoli, as the Algerian international apparently is favouring a move to Bayern Munich over the other options available.
So would Ghoulam be a good additon?
Well, as a left-back, Bayern hardly need someone in the at position. The likes of David Alaba and Juan Bernat already occupy this position and are both of the highest talent. If Bayern were to sigh Ghoulam as a third option to play in that position, then the full-back would certainly have his work cut out to challenge for a first team spot and unlikely get any first team football here.
Having said that, both Juan Bernat and David Alaba have been linked with moves away from the Allianz and should either of these players leave, the 25 year old looks to be a solid replacement.
Faouzi is also renowned to be a great utility player. He has proven in the past he is capable of playing anywhere across the back line and also in midfield, and if Bayern are looking for someone to fill this type of gap, then the Napoli man could be the right option. Furthermore, with Philipp Lahm set to leave the club in the next couple of years, the left-back could be converted into a right back to replace the skipper.
But in terms of immediate signings to look for, although he could be nabbed away from Napoli on the cheap, Faouzi Ghoulam isn’t really someone that Bayern need at this current moment, even though it seems the club are showing keen interest.
— Napoli News 24/7 (@napolinews247) January 13, 2017
Bayern are a side who have both the stature and the history to attract the attention of almost any of the world’s top players, and it is certain that any interest that they show in youngsters that they hope to bring to the club will at least give them some food for thought. At least, that’s what Bayern will hoping with one man, currently playing at Ligue 1 side Monaco at the age of just 18.
The man that the German Champions are supposedly keeping tabs on is the young forward who goes by the name of Kylian Mbappe. The player is considered by many as one of footballs hot prospects, having proven himself in one of Europe’s top Leagues, with 6 goals this season despite only having 9 starts – a very respectable return for an 18 year old, especially from the wing.
— FCBayernNews (@MiaSanMiaNews) January 25, 2017
However, as usual, Bayern will have a fight on their hands if they are to acquire such a high profile as Mbappe, as both Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid have also expressed their own interests in the player. But with Bayern set to start preparing for life without the likes of Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben over the next couple of years, the youngster may well be the worthwhile investment that they have been looking for.
Whether or not Bayern will be able to convince the youngster that they are the right move, or managed to steal him away from Monaco who are also a strong side and regular Champions League qualifiers; only time will tell.
We’re all well aware of the situation regarding Philipp Lahm at the moment. Mr Bayern himself is set to retire at the end of next season, and as a result, Bayern are likely going to have to source a replacement for one of their all time greats – boots that will be hard to fill for any man that they look to acquire.
However, with that in mind, the player who is rumoured to be lined up by the German Champions looks like he could be up to the task – a Portuguese youngster named Nelson Semedo.
The 23 year old has become an integral part of a Benfica side, having maintained his first team place this season in the Portuguese league side, having developed since his move their back in 2012. As a result, many of Europe’s elite have started to eye the youngster, and not only Bayern, but Manchester United and Chelsea are also in the running to sign the full back.
Because of both the interest and the quality of the player, the price tag that Benfica have put on his head is believed to be around £34.5m – a hefty sum to say the least. But with player prices rising all the time, it is not the highest figure we’ve seen, and could well be a worthwhile long term investment.
As a result, it seems an interesting transfer saga is set to unfold come the summer, and should Benfica allow their man to leave, he will certainly have a few interesting options to choose from.
#MUFC are joined by Bayern Munich and Chelsea in the pursuit of Benfica's £34m-rated right-back Nelson Semedo, 23. [A Bola]
— RedReveal (@RedReveal) January 22, 2017
One minor ongoing debate at Bayern over recent months has been about the future of Kingsley Coman in Germany. With the 20 year old having been with the club over the past 18 months, the Frenchman’s loan with the German side is set to expire at the end of the season, and it will then be down to Bayern whether or not they want to bring Kingsley permanently to the club.
— Bayern's Mania (@Bayern_mania) January 19, 2017
With many believing that Bayern may in fact not go in for the youngster, as he has both been injured over the past couple of months, as well as having failed to perform to the same standards that he had been under Pep Guardiola in the previous season, it is believed that Bayern still plan to sign him, although it is still not entirely decided, as revealed by CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge:
“At the moment we have a tendency to meet the option.
“We will have our time to decide this. In principle, we are completely convinced of the player.
“But we also have to state that last season was better than this season, where he’s had some injury problems.” Via readbundesliga.com
In this sense, Coman has a little more work to do to completely convince everyone at Bayern he is worth the €20 million fee that will be required, but realistically, it would hardly be a bad investment. The winger is just 20 years of age, and has already proven himself consistently that he is capable of challenging for a first team spot against the likes of Ribery and Robben – some of the world’s best in that position.
Therefore, €20 million is a rather modest fee to pay.
Bayern fans all over are eagerly anticipating the arrival of 21 year old Hoffenheim centre back Niklas Sule in the summer, as Bayern agreed a double swoop with the Bundesliga club for both Sule and his teammate Sebastian Rudy who is out of contract at the season’s end.
Although Bayern are excited about the arrival of both players, the main headline is Sule, with Bayern having been rivalled by other top European clubs such as the likes of Chelsea.
And it seems that Sule is as upbeat about the move as the rest of us, as he recently described the move as a once in a liftime opportunity:
“I had good talks with the bosses at Bayern and Hoffenheim.
“Ultimately, I opted for Bayern as it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.” Via espnfc.com
Despite having 90 Bundesliga game’s worth of experience at the age of just 21, the player may struggled to secure a regular spot in the Bayern defense, as the likes of Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels and Javi Martinez all competing for the same positions. However, the new signing is not worried about this, believing that his time will come and he will learn some great things from such top quality players:
“I believe I’ll fit in well and can learn a lot from the other central defenders there.” Via espnfc.com
As well as Sule, Rudy is equally excited about his move, claiming that he’s living the dream by getting the chance to play for one of the World’s best sides:
“I’m fulfilling an absolute dream.
“Everyone knows that Bayern Munich is one of the best teams in the world.” Via espnfc.com
We can wish both player’s the best in their performances for the rest of the season, hoping that they’re raring to go next season when they make their move to Munich.
— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) January 15, 2017